January 12, 2008

It's called Desperation

I’m on CD 7 and excited about O coming soon.

This cycle I’ve been really good about taking the prenatal vitamins. When I visited my doc in Sept (no, not to discuss being infertile), he gave me a prescription for vitamins that are vegetarian friendly (they’re made without fish oil). I hate them because I have to take 2 horse pills instead of 1. Also, there’s no generic brand so every month its another $35 for vitamins.

In addition to the vitamins I started taking Evening Primrose Oil and drinking 1 cup of green tea, and 1 cup of some other tea with Dong Quai Root extract. I know, I’m sounding desperate, and believe me, I am. I will do anything (well almost anything) not to hit the infertile mark and realize there’s some really wrong with me. When I got AF this time I had a 2 day long OCD moment and researched everything and anything to help me get pregnant. I read that Evening Primrose Oil is supposed to help promote EWCM. I don’t usually get the eggwhite stuff that everyone talks about. I think I’ve only seen it once in the 9 cycles we’ve been trying. So I’m hoping this will help.

The Dong Quai Root is supposed to help with hormone balance (which I think every woman needs). The brand is Yogi Tea, and it says ‘woman’s moon cycle’ on the box. So if anything, it should at least help with my horrid PMS.

And the green tea, well we all know that green tea is the ultimate, so I figured that cant hurt. Drinking the tea also forces me to drink fluids and stay hydrated. I generally don’t drink that much during the day. There are days when all I drink is my morning coffee and some sips of water at night. I know that’s not good for me but I’m never thirsty, plus I hate having to pee. And god forbid if I really gotta go and can’t get to a bathroom.

Speaking of bathroom, I also bought some OPKs (I know, leave me alone, I already mentioned my desperation). I've bought them twice before and I know i get my surge around CD14. But I'm not taking anymore chances. My body has done some weird things these past 9 months so I want to make sure I got the timing right, especially cause I lack in EWCM department.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments: