January 9, 2008

My Obsessions

I'm a vegetarian foodie (actually, pescetarian), and wanting a baby. I obsess about food - mainly reading, cooking and learning about it. I must subscribe to a hundred different food blogs and read cookbooks like novels.

I also want a baby. When we started to plan on trying, I went a little OCD on the subject, reading everything there is to know about preparing your body for pregnancy. Being on our 9th cycle of trying, I try not to obsess about it as much. It’s been the most frustrating and sad experience I've ever gone through; an emotional roller coaster to say the least. I've been reading a lot of ttc blogs and the stories are heart breaking. Some eventually get pregnant, and others don't. I truly hope I'm in the first category, but I can't help but think I'll be the latter.

Anyway, I’ve tried this blogging thing before, and I seem to be much better at reading them than writing them. I’ve always hated writing and have always been terrible at it. But I don’t care. Maybe this process will help me (and a few others) through this uncontrollable road.

Food and babies. My two current obsessions.

No comments: