June 23, 2008

A little Excited, A Lot Nervous

CD1
HSG - 9 days away

Yep, you read that right. I finally scheduled my hsg. Needless to say, I'm a nervous wreck. I have a ton of emotions and thoughts running through my little brain right now. I was really hoping it wouldn't have to come to this. But after 15 cycles, I think its time. I gotta do what I gotta do. And I gotta go for an hsg.

I'm totally freaking out because of the pain factor. I've been scouring the internet (for months) and reading peoples comments (probably not the best thing to do, but I like to prepare myself). Some say it feels like really bad period cramps, which I get, but i don't handle them gracefully. Some times I sit on the couch rocking back and forth to try and tolerate, or I'm curled up on my bed feeling like i'm going to pass out. Ouch. I just can't images laying still, on a table, with a tube stuck up my uterus, and iodine getting pushed in areas it shouldn't be, dealing with that kind of pain. I'll certainly be taking at least 3 Aleves and whatever else i can find in the apartment. I'm hoping that will help.

I have to say, I'm also a little nervous with what they might find. Let's just say, I haven't always been such a good girl. I'm not proud of my past, and I pray that my carefree party days doesn't come back to haunt me.

I also have to schedule hubby's sa. I've already called the dr, and now I just need to schedule a time. Hubby doesn't know how easy he's got it. For his test we can make the collection at home and bring it to the lab within the hour. Not too bad. It beats laying down in a freezing cold room with a wimpy gown on, legs spread and a catheter up my cervix.

Anyway, I'm excited to finally get this over with. Obviously not excited for the test, but I feel like we're moving ahead and doing something. I'm being proactive. I know when the day comes, all the excitement will be gone, and I'll be throwing up with nerves. I just hope I don't throw up all over the pretty pink gown they give me.

1 comment:

Rita said...

my fingers are crossed for you