March 18, 2008

12th Time a Charm?

CD 17

Went to the dr yesterday so they can see how the spermies were swimming inside me. I'm pretty sure I ovulated over the weekend so my cm was not the best for this test. He did see lots of spermies, and they were moving, just not moving forward. He said that could be due to the fact that I already ovulated, or that my cm is not great. He suggested I do the Robitussin thing if i'm not pregnant this month. (Hmm, i guess he forgot the conversation we had the other week.) As he was explaining things he suddenly used the word 'insemination'. Aaahh, the lovely word none of us want to hear. But he also said everything looks fine. So what is it doc? You cant say 'everything looks fine' and 'insemination' in the same breath.

Next step: go back to dr cd 23 for 2nd round of blood work. Oh, btw, all my other blood work came out normal. I requested a copy of the paperwork so I can obsess about the tests and numbers, and like he said, everything looks totally fine. He also wants hubby to do a spermie test around the time I get my period. The guys have it soooo easy. He does this one test and he's done. Unfortunately it's just the start of my issues.

On another note, our trip was great. We went to Las Vegas (which I've been to, but hubby never has). We toured all the hotels - craazy, rented a car and did some hiking in the Red Rocks, went to hoover dam and drove along Lake Mead, saw Ka, ate some good meals and played the slots. I think we lost a total of $50. We stayed in the Venetian, which has beautiful, huge suite rooms. I seriously think the room was bigger than our apartment. It was a really fun trip and I hope he had a great 40th birthday.

On Another note, my sister is still pregnant but has been on bed rest for the past 2 weeks. Apparently she has been spotting and because of her past history of miscarriages, they want her to basically not move to make sure this one sticks. The dr said the reason for the spotting is because of a blood clot thats rubbing against a sac that didn't make it (oh, she's only having one). They said it's totally normal and lots of women spot, but she should play it safe. She's coming into her 9th week which is when she lost the other 2. I hope this one makes it. She's really been through so much, and it would just suck if this turned for the worst.

So another 2ww begins. I'm not very hopeful this month. I say that now, but as soon as I feel a possible twinge/symptom, i'm thinking maybe this is the month. But seriously, it hasn't worked 11 other times, why would it work on the 12th?

No comments: