March 3, 2008

Waiting...

CD 2

It is so painful. Numbing. My arms feel like bricks, they are so hard to lift. It never gets easier, even though I’ve been through it 11 times already.
I was prepared for it to come. My boobs hardly tender at all, a far cry from the other night when they hurt to touch them. I also get those annoyingly mild cramps. Cant pinpoint them, but the whole region down there is crampy. When I tell hubby I know its coming, he always makes some comment like “nice that your being so positive”. Well, its hard to be positive when I feel it coming. Its a feeling I cant describe, but women know what I’m talking about. believe me, i try to be positive and hopeful. It's what keeps me going during the painfully long 2ww.


--------- Later----------

I just took my first step to admitting/dealing with my infertility. (I’m sobbing by the way, so this may not make any sense).
I just called my dr. he has to call me back, I guess to see what the appointment will entail and if hubby needs to be there. Hubbys schedule is ridiculously busy and stressful, I don’t know how he’ll be able to do this with me.

My hands are shaking. The tears won’t stop flowing. I am feeling absolutely terrible right now.

What make things worse is Facebook. I love it. I find people I haven't heard from in 10 years. But just yesterday I found someone I went to sleep away camp with. We had an unusual camp experience. For 8 years we were known as the fab 5. Every year, for 8 years we were together. they couldn’t separate us, and they would never dare put anyone else in our bunk. We were the fab 5.

I was thrilled when I saw her on facebook and wondered what everyone else is up to. When she responded she gave me the update. 1 has a one year old. Another has 2 kiddies. And she is due in a few weeks with her 2nd, along with the last fab 5er (they are due on the same day).

Then I start thinking, if I would have gotten pregnant around the time we started trying, I would be due right now too.

I am so sad.

i can't get my thoughts together, yet i have so many racing through my mind. this is a really bad day.

when is the dr going to call me back. i need to make this appointment.


------- Later ------

I just spoke to my dr. I will going in tomorrow for bloodwork.

and so it begins...

4 comments:

s.e. said...

Feel free to peruse my past posts. I was at your point although I was sobbing at work when I hit my emotional low and realized I was that infertility patient. It takes time to realize it but it is o.k. It is scary and sucks but it is really o.k. We just need a little extra help to have our fairy tales come true. Hang in there- they will call back!

jd said...

s.e. - thank you. your words truly help. it will be o.k.
i would love to read your posts, but your profile is blocked. whats your blog?

Jen said...

Ugh. I'm sorry. But you'll get there too.

~ Jen
tipsyandaddled.blogspot.com

SassyCupcakes said...

I'm so sorry you've found yourself at this point. Please know that while it feels horrible and frightening, you are at the beginning of a long road with many many possibilities ahead.

You can do this. You will get through it. Just focus on taking care of yourself and doing what you need to do. Have your husband there. It's just as important for him to be there as it is for you. He needs to here what the doctor has to say for himself and you should have his support on one of the scariest days of your life.

I'm thinking of you and hoping you find a path off this road quickly.