March 5, 2008

Flying to Somewhere

Yesterday I went to the dr and had tubes of blood taken. I'm not very good with needles or blood, and almost passed out. I was not having fun.

Then I was told to sit with my dr to discuss next steps. I think he gave me all of 30 seconds before he shoed me out of his office. He told me to have sex right at ovulation then I should come in the next morning so they can see how the spermies are swimming around in there. Then about a week later I have to go back and have more blood taken. Um, o.k.

I started to tell him how I don't have much ewcm and was taking something to help. He jumped and said 'oh, you've been taking Robutussen?'
I said 'no, why you think that works?'
"No, but some experience more stretchiness"
I said, "well, I do a lot of reading and tried Evening Primrose"
He shook his head as if he was so disappointed in me.
"It worked. Why, you don't think it works?" I asked.
Then he started saying "there is no scientific...blah blah...that proves...blah blah blah".
Then he said, 'well, your looking a lot better, I'll see you next week."
I'm dismissed, I pay my $25.

When I tell hubby this, he immediately tells me to find another dr., that this guy is all about the scientific and totally discourages the natural/homeopathic options. (Needless to say, we are all about the natural, and don't believe that drugs are the answer to all problems).

Ok, so hubby is right to a certain degree, but I've been using this dr since I was 15. My sister used him, and my mom used to go to the same office (not same dr). These people know everything about my family and history. It's not so easy to just find a new dr. especially one that goes up your hoo-ha.

A few words about my dr.... he's a nice guy, young, decent looking, gentle, but I don't think he likes me. I'm not like most of the women that visit this office (I did mention my sister sees him, right?). They are 'Upper East Siders' that are bubbly, dressed to the nines and walk in with their Barney's shopping bags, and huge diamond rings. Me, I'm in jeans and my Dansko clogs wanting to get the hell out of there. I feel no need for bullshit conversation, and I'm certainly not going to pretend I'm happy to see him. So is he my perfect dr, umm, probably not. And I would prefer to have a dr closer to my apt (on the west side) since I may need (hope) to make a lot more visits.

But I'm in no mood, especially at this point to search and experiment with drs. But I may consider it. It would be nice to have a dr with the same beliefs as me, for so many reasons.


On another note, I'm taking hubby on a surprise trip tomorrow (it's his 40th bday). He knows he's flying somewhere, but has no idea where. Every day for the past week I've been giving him clues. He's guessed the vicinity (didn’t tell him if he was right or wrong), but not the place. I really wanted to go to Europe, but he wouldn't give me a week, I only got a long weekend. So we're leaving tomorrow and coming home on Monday. I can't say where, yet, just incase he reads this (but I don't think he knows about this blog). He'll find out when he gets home. I'll have a certain song playing as he walks through the door.

I’ve got a lot of last minute planning to do, and lots of details to figure out. I hope he likes his destination.

No comments: