March 28, 2008

Hoping for 30

My second round of blood work came back and everything looks fine. I'm ovulating. Yeay. (Not that I ever thought that was a problem).

My dr is confident that I'll be getting pregnant any day now. Every time I speak to him he makes a comment like, 'you could be pregnant, lets wait and see'.

I called him yesterday about doing an additional test with the blood just taken. He just fluffed it off and said, lets see if your pregnant this month, and if you get your period, we'll do more blood work next month.

Huh?! Why not just do it all now. Why wait another month? They already took the blood, why not use it?!

But then I'm thinking, (more like making excuses), that his attitude makes perfect sense. I'm going to a dr on the UES where a majority of his clients are uptight women with too much money who need instant gratification all the time. Women who run to the dr for every, single, thing. These are the same women who go to the dr because they have a cold and want an antibiotic to get rid of it. The same women who when they see a pimple forming, they run to the dermatologist to zap it. And if their eye is itchy, they run to the dr in fear that it may be pink eye.

I'm not one of those. I don't run to the dr for anything. Something has to be seriously wrong for me to visit or even call the dr. I'm a naturalist, the body will take care of its self.

But i can see why the dr takes this tone. He probably sees women everyday crying because they haven't gotten pregnant after 3 months and want to know whats wrong. Then they get pregnant on the 4th or 5th try, and the drs like 'told you so'.

But, i'm on cycle 12. It's been a year. Yeah, i guess there's still a slight chance of getting pregnant this month or next, but there is also a greater chance that something is not right. Believe me, I want him to say 'told you so'.

Anyway, i'm on cd 27, and my boobs are sore. I'm hoping this is a 30 day cycle because I have a business trip and leave on April 6th, for 5 nights! Yup, how shitty is that. Leave Sun night and wont be back till Fri afternoon. I almost cried when i found out because all i could think about was if I'll be home during ovulation (oh, and how i'll be missing my pooch and hubby). My cycles range from 27-30 days, and if it's a 29 or 30 day cycle then we'll have a few days of trying. If my lovely period comes sooner, then it looks like we'll be out for the month.

Or, of coarse, I can hope this is the month.

But, I'm also realist.

No comments: