April 2, 2008

The One Dayer

I literally had my period for One day. It wasn't even heavy. I started to feel those annoyingly mild cramps on Saturday, then by nighttime there was a hint of pinkish on the toilet paper, but no bleeding. When I woke up on Sunday I knew I was getting my period so I put in a tampon. I changed it twice that day, and there wasn't much blood both times. Then by Monday it was totally gone. No brown spotting, nothing.

My periods never last long, usually the 1st day is moderate, light the second day, and then 2-3 days of spotting.

But One day, wtf.

Has this happened to anyone? A one day period?

I know some people might think it's due to stress, but believe me, i'm not stressed. I really don't have a stressful life (I thank my hubby for that). I sometimes wonder if my short, light periods have anything to do with me not getting pregnant.

I didn't call the dr. yet. I should, but i just don't feel like going in and dealing with it this month.

In the meantime, getting my period on Sunday means I had a 28 day cycle. This business trip is getting in the way of valuable bding. I leave on CD 8 and get home CD 13. Hopefully I don't ovulate early this month.

On another note, my sis is doing ok. She went to the dr yesterday and they finally told her she can start walking around, but still take it easy. Her interpretation of this comment is: she can get her nails done and do lunch with her friends, but not allowed to make the bed or do the dishes.

Her baby is doing fine and the blood clot is getting smaller.

I'm already sick and tired of hearing about her and her pregnancy, and it's only been 11 weeks.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hi JD,

You are not alone, I also have a very light period, perhaps 1-2 days and then prolonged spotting afterwards. I have been trying to get pregnant for 10 months now so I too wonder if my short period signals a problem. I did do some research on the internet and the best answer I found was as long as you are ovulating, then it doesn't matter what the length of your period is. So this is what I'm counting on since my progesterone test say I'm ovulating, but if we hit the 1-year mark then I'll be going to the doctor for answers. Good luck with your quest for a baby!