July 1, 2008

Food Overload

The Fancy Food Show was great! It's the best trade show ever (if your a foodie like me), and I look forward to it every year. I've been going with my mom for the past 3 or 4 years. You get to see and taste new foods coming to the market, and stuff currently in stores. There are so many vendors, and this year they had a whole section upstairs dedicated to organic/natural foods. I could seriously go on and on about how I love this show and all the great foods I tried (and samples I brought home). Unfortunately we didn't realize there was 3 levels till later today and we completely missed the bottom section because we ran out of time. We only go on the 2nd and 3rd day and we get there around noon, and thats not enough time to see everything. Thats ok though, because I seriously don't think I could taste another piece of cheese, chips or chocolate.

When I got home I had to pick-up my CSA share. Another awesome event. Every week I go to the pick-up site (which is only a few blocks down from my apartment) and get my share from the Chubby Bunny Farm. This week we got garlic scapes, beets, parsley, lettuce, kale, and broccoli rabe. I also signed up for the optional fruit and eggs share, and got wonderful cherries and strawberries. Last year we visited the farm and saw the hens that lay our eggs. I love to see where my food is coming from.

I wish this day wouldn't end. It was a great day, filled with wonderful foods and having fun with my mom. It certainly kept my mind off of tomorrow, which will suck. I get to go for my hsg at 2:30. Hubby said he would meet me there, but he's got a client presentation. I guess he'll leave the meeting early so he can me meet at the drs. office.

Now I have to spend some more time researching how the procedure will go down. I've read so many sites and stories about it, but who ever heard of research overload?

1 comment:

CG said...

The food event sounds like a really fun thing to do. Good it took your mind off the HSG. How did it go?