July 10, 2008

Forgot to Mention

I forgot to mention that my boobs have been sore since I ovulated, cd13 (now on cd18). This is new for me.

Some months ago I noticed my nipples get really sensitive and hurt for a few days around ovulation. But this month I had really sore boobs and nipples, which kinda sucked. It seems like every few months something new happens. My boobs getting sore a week before my period only started about a year ago. My nips hurting is like a 5 month thing. And this month my boobs hurt. So instead of 1 week of soreness, I get two weeks. Sweet.

I still get all the other crappy pms symptoms too, like bloation, hungry all the time (well, not hungry, but just want to eat), crankiness, and back pain.

Speaking of back pain, I have self diagnosed myself with sciatica. This is a very well educated self diagnosis. A few days after my hsg I had really bad lower back pain. I mean really low, like into my buttocks. It was so painful. I couldn't sit or lay down, and believe it or not it felt better to walk or stand. Of course I searched the internet to find out what it was and what I should do about it. (at this point I thought it might be sciatica or something similar).

I dealt with the pain for a few days, but then it got really bad and pain was running down my butt to my leg. On Monday my leg felt numb and my pinky toe was totally numb. I went to the dr on Tues. and she gave me a couple prescriptions and references for other drs. When I was at work yesterday I was telling people my story and everyone (those who have/had it) agreed and said it's definitely sciatica. They have the exact same symptoms even with the numb pinky toe.


So why didn't the dr tell me that. It's such a common problem, how could she not know? Are doctors so afraid to give a diagnosis just in case they may be wrong and I may sue them? Or did she simply just forget to mention I have sciatica and welcome to old age.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dr (obgyn) finally called me back after I put in a call 3 days ago. He said the hsg looks normal; now what. I told him hubbys sa is Aug 7th and i wanted to know about next steps. He said many keep trying naturally, and some start drugs. I asked him about iui, and he said that definetly an option but wants to see the results of the sa. In the meantime keep trying.

This is like the month of no answers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just commenting to let you know i'm waiting and hoping for some good news for you!