February 4, 2008

A New Meditation Room

Painful period cramps woke me up on this gloomy monday morning. When I told Hubby, the second thing he said to me was "we should have a big steak this time". (The first thing he said was how sorry he was, etc.).

CD1

I knew this wasn't the month, yet I'm still so sad and cry. While Hubby and I were moving the car for alternate side of the street parking (one of the many ridiculous things city dwellers do), Hubby and I had a good talk, actually it was more of him talking, me listening. Looking at him, or saying anything just makes my eyes swell with tears. He said some good things, and makes me a little more hopeful that this could still happen naturally.

He's all into the God thing and is a big believer. He's not a preacher, he mostly keep it to himself because he knows I'm not much of a believer. It's not that I don't believe in a 'something', I just don't necessarily believe in 'God'. He respects that, and I respect his beliefs, but he really wishes that we were on the same boat with this subject. It's not so much about religion (because I'm Jewish and he's Catholic), but more about believing in God and having faith. Well, we'll see where that goes. I'm more into the spiritual side of things and think meditation may help. So that my mission today. I'm going to head over to the tibetan store and find a good meditation cd and maybe a pillow.

We actually have a perfect meditation room in our tiny 1 bedroom apartment. Back when we just started talking about getting pregnant we decided to stick it out in our apartment and convert 2 walk-in closets into a nursary. Not ideal, I know. But there is no way we can afford a 2 bedroom, even after selling and making almost double for what we paid for our 1 bedroom. Anyway, we came up with a plan, installed a wall of closets, did someother construction in the apartment to creat space and storage. What we ended up with was a new, very tiny, but beautiful room with french doors, a ceiling fan and comfy soft wool carpet. The walls are a soft white and the carpet is an oak color. It's warm and cozy.

More about the renovation another day. In the meantime, we have an empty space. Seems perfect for a temporary meditation room.

No comments: