February 17, 2008

Thank You

I want to thank those people who have left comments for me. Thank you for your words, and the smile you put on my face.

I've been reading so many blogs for so many months, and it gives me great comfort to know there are others who feel the same way I do. Hubby thinks I'm crazy to read these blogs because they are so depressing (I guess he was on my computer and looked through my browser history, snoopy bastard). He may find it depressing, but I find it helpful and hopeful. To know so many people also had problems and many of them succeed. To know I'm not alone in my thoughts and feelings, and to know I can be a part of a community where everyone truly wants the same thing. These blogs are raw. People write them with no expectations, and people read them without judgment.

Part of the reason I read so many is because I haven't told anyone, and hubby and I have very different feelings about this issue. He keeps saying 'it will happen when it's supposed to happen'. He says God has a plan for us. He is confident that we don't have any infertility issues, and it's just been a matter of being unlucky.

Well, I'm a little more scientific than that. Statistically, if everything is A OK, after 10 cycles of perfect timing and being healthy, I should have been pregnant by now. True, there could be a slight chance that we've been unlucky, but I'm just starting to think that we're unluckily infertile.

So knowing our differences in thought, I am grateful for the wonderful community I've found. For all those people who think like I do. For all those people I don't know, yet feel so connected to.

Thank you.

Thank you for all your support and taking the time to read another stranger's story.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't have written it better myself. You just summed it up perfectly.

I'm also thinking that perhaps we are living parallel lives. :) I'm also a veggie, would like to have a baby, and my husband doesn't think anything is wrong (after 14 cycles).

Katarina Jelly Beana said...

I think that a lot of our husbands are like that. Mr. JellyBeana was in denial for the first 7 years of unprotected sex. Yes, 7.

As far as the blogs go, yes, there are depressing stories. There is tragedy. There is emense frustration. But at the same time, there is hope. We all find it every month, even in our darkest hour. It's miraculous and encouraging how optimistic we all are, regardless of how many times we get knocked down.

Shinejil said...

I'm a long-time veggie and aspiring organic farmer, and it took me a long, long time to feel ready to go see a reproductive endocrinologist (RE). I tried acupuncture, lifestyle changes, and working with my obgyn for a year, and that was after trying for more than a year. I just wasn't ready to go the "industrial" medicine route. However, that said, I can now say that going to the RE was such a good move for us. He found something simple that may be the culprit, and may prove very, very easy to correct. Ironically, the very thing I thought would be worse for me illuminated the problem and brought me to a place of better understanding.

I say (for what it's worth) go see an obgyn or even an RE now. Get some tests. Put your mind at rest. You don't have to follow their advice if you're not comfortable. More info makes it easier to find peace and the right path.