August 17, 2008

My Lucky Day

When Hubby came back from the gym yesterday morning, he said "OK, let's do it your way". I started to cry.

So now we're back on schedule. I just really hope to get my period either tonight or tomorrow morning. This way I can call the dr and make an appointment for Tues. I'm leaving with my mom Tues night to go to E.Hampton and I'll be home Sat. So getting it late Tues (or after) would suck. I don't want to have to call the dr, and wait for him to call me back while I'm with her. That would be bad. She's so nosey and into everyones shit. It would be impossible to have a 5 min private conversation without her asking about it. I also don't know if the dr would prescribe me clomid without seeing him. hmm. Well, if he does, then while I'm away Hubby can pick up my meds and I'll be on my merry way to treatment #1.

Honestly, I'm not even expecting an iui to work. I mean, there's gotta be something wrong, and I need to find what it is. Maybe I need more blood work done. Maybe my entire uterus is a sheet of scar tissue. Maybe I have endo, or cysts all over my ovaries. Maybe my eggs sucks. I just don't think that after 16 months of trying, i'll suddenly get pregnant with an iui. (and i know it's happened to people before, and the one blogger I'm thinking about, well, she was certainly a lucky one ;) )

At this point, I feel like I'll never be/get pregnant. I feel like it's one of those things that will never happen to me. I've been dreaming and hoping for it for so long, I just can't picture it happening to me anymore. I see pregnant women and I think to myself how lucky they are.

I found a penny on heads in the bathroom at the restaurant last night. Maybe it will bring me some luck.

1 comment:

jenn said...

Yay!!! I hope everything goes smoothly for you & you get to see the doc by tomorrow! Usually they want you in for day 3 ultrasound & bloodwork- so your period holding off isn't a bad thing really!
Good luck either way- I am so glad your hubby had his moment & changed his mind!

I do remember being exactly where you are right now. I remember feelinglike I just couldn't 'see' it happening anymore. Like you said- ssometimes you do just get lucky! At the very least a monitored, medicated cycle will tell you so much about ovarian response & lining issues (or non-issues). You may find something needs sdjusting & maybe #2 is your lucky one. (I of course am hoping it;s #1 & done!)

Good luck & enjoy your vaca!