August 31, 2008

Change In Plans

Yesterday I got a high reading. In the past, once I get the high reading, the next day I see a peak reading. And that means I'm ovulating sooner than I was hoping for. So i called the dr about changing my iui date. Naturally I had to wait for a call back because it was a Sat, and it wasn't even my dr who called me back. It was the annoying one I spoke to on Fri, Mrs. i-couldn't-care-less-about-you. So when i spoke to her yesterday she was like "oh, well, we're not in until Tuesday, ok, so maybe you just wait and we do it on Tuesday, or wait and do it next month, ok". (I think she was annoyed because to her, this was SOO not an emergency and she was on her way to the hospital.)

But whatever, no, it's not ok. I've waiting 16 months, i'm not giving up on this cycle just because your not in, i will go someplace else. I don't care who's sticking what up my hooha anymore. So i finally got her to suggest another clinic. I immediately called them (they were very nice) and scheduled something for 9:30am today (Sunday), (again, because I expected I would get a peak reading). She also said after the insemination, we could schedule the following day for the 2nd iui. Yeay, sounds like a plan.

Change in plan.

I didn't get my peak reading this morning. I have a feeling I will surge later today. Which will probably work out better. They say to do the iui 12-24 hrs after the surge. So if I surge later today and get the iui done tomorrow morning, then I'll have good timing.

(Thank god for the internet. Because thats the only way for me to get any information about all this. The drs don't tell me anything.)

So thats the deal. I'll call them at 8:30 when they open, and reschedule my iui for tomorrow morning (Monday) and also have one done on Tuesday.

Oh, and if you didn't notice, we didn't go away this weekend. Not that surprising because we always seem to change our plans.

1 comment:

jenn said...

wow- what a rollercoaster! good luck tomorrow. we had our iui a little more than 24 hours after trigger. since they say 12-24 hours for ovulation after trigger- i would put us at right around ovulation fro our iui. and then you following it up with a second is even better! we were told to follow up with some good old fashioned sex, but the poor hub was just too 'tired' after all the excitement that week!
I have my fingers crossed for you!