August 14, 2008

The Results Are In, But You Have To Wait

We have waited an entire week for the dr to get back to us about hubbys sa results.
This is what I got out of it.... Everything looks fine. His overall number is very high, like 5x higher than normal. Dr told me his number was 383, and anything over 40 is good. So, looks like his count is excellent. On the other hand, he said the percentage of abnormalities is high. He wasn't very concerned about the high percentage because of the overall count. If the overall count is so high, then the abnormalities are going to be higher too. So, that being said, he continued to say he doesn't specialize in male fertility and if we're concerned, we should go see a urologist.

We then spoke about next steps. IUI with clomid, but I should call him when I get my period.

Clomid is supposed to start on day 5, and I'm supposed to be away during that time. This is where things get messy, so I'll give you the short story.

Every year my parents rent a house in the Hamptons. Hubby hates going there and he hates staying over. But not for reasons you may think. (You should know that I'm married to the biggest hard headed and stubborn guy ever. I really wish he was a little more easy going.)

The houses are always really nice, usually a 3-4 bedroom with a pool, and close to the beach. My parents are good, generous people and we have a good relationship. We see them for holidays and birthdays and once in a while we'll go out to dinner with them. Nothing crazy like a family meal every week. They never just show up at our apartment and we rarely, if ever hang out during the day with them. We are definitely closer to my family and see them much more than his, merely because his family are all in North Carolina.

Anyway, every year it's a fight about going to the Hamptons. Whether its for several days, a weekend, or just a one nighter, we always fight about it. I enjoy going. It's relaxing. It's getting out of the city. So for the past few years I've been going down with my mom and staying a few days with just her. Hubby then meets me there, stays for 2 days and then we leave and go on a vacation together.

For the past month (or longer) I have been telling him about a get together my moms been planning with my cousins and sister on the 23rd. We rarely see my cousin and I know I have to be there.

Well, this morning we got into a huge fight, again. He mentioned that he has 2 days off, the 25 - 26th. I reminded him about my cousin on the 23rd, and he just blew up. Yelling how I'm attached to my parents, how we are always with them, he hates going there, that he Will Not go there, that I speak to my mom SOOO much - like at least 1-2 times a week, that he's 40 and he doesn't need to stay with my parents, and on and on. He stresses the fact that he's forced to go there every year and he's not doing it anymore. He decided he's going to see his family that weekend, (which he doesn't really want to do on his days off.)

So, that being said, my original plan was to drive down with my mom on Tues, 19th, and stay until Sat 23rd (hoping he would come down for that day).

So what does this have to do with clomid you ask?

I'm still supposed to go down there with my mom. Today is cd26 and i usually get my period cd27-cd30. I know I ovulated late this month, and don't know if my period is going to be late. The dr wants me to call cd1 and probably go in for a consult, and start clomid cd5. But no matter when I get my period, cd 5 will fall when I am out of town. The problem is, my mom doesn't know about what i'm going through. I really don't want to put this off another month just so I can spend a few days in the Hamptons. But i also can't find a good enough excuse to tell her why I have to be around next week (assuming I get my period on time).

AArrgg

I don't know whats happening now. All I know is that hubby was so mad at me that he stormed out of the house telling me not to call him about anything today. So i guess he doesn't want to know he has a sperm count 5x higher than average.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My name is Holly Lem and i would like to show you my personal experience with Clomid.

I am 28 years old. I got preg first time on my own & miscarried. after a while of trying, my dr put me on clomid. after the first round i got pregnant & miscarried. i decided not to try or think about it at all probably for a 9 months... right around the time baby would be due & then started trying again. after a few months got back on clomid. after 5 months and no pregnancy i'm giving it a rest again. it's to much disappointment. i'm going to give it a try again soon, in the mean time we're keeping our fingers crossed for the old fashioned way to work.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
HOT FLASHES, moody, cry easily, weight gain, headaches etc!!

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Holly Lem