August 29, 2008

Naturally Artificial

When i spoke to my dr last week to discuss doing an iui this cycle, he suggested this first round to be natural. No drugs, no monitoring, and to me a waste of time and money. But i went with his recommendation. It's certainly the least stressful and we don't have to worry about multiples.

CD10

At this point I'm still with my obgyn, but i think it's time i moved on to an RE. The fact that the office is not opened on holidays and weekends, and that I have to go to a lab to get the sperm washed then take it to my drs office, well, just doesn't seem right when the timing of things is so important. I had to beg for an early appointment at the lab because they were completely booked (it's the same place where I had to wait 2 months for a sa). Then I had to schedule an appointment with my dr. In the meantime, because i'm not taking any drugs, this is all speculation. This is all assuming i ovulate when I should/want to. And that's This Tuesday.

I'm scheduled for an IUI on Tuesday!!

Tuesday will be cd14. I scheduled things based on the fact that I will ovulate like a normal person, and Tues morning my dr will be back in the office. And, we are going away for the long weekend, so i really, really hope i ovulate on time. Timing is so crucial this month.

I don't think this iui will be successful, but I am hopeful, just like I've been for the past 16 cycles.

When i told hubby about my appointments and the iui on Tuesday, I don't think he got it right away. It takes him a while to absorb information, and even though I've been telling him that I'll be ovulating soon, I don't think he realized the turkey basting would happen so quickly. When he was finally comfortable with collecting his spermies in a cup on Tuesday, he forgot the part that 2 hours later I would be inseminated. So I explained again, telling him he could probably come with me (i mean, it would be nice to know he was present for this process, but it's not necessary). He had to sit with it for a while, like all night. Then this morning he asked when my appointment was. I said around 11, but he wanted an exact time. I told him I couldn't give him one, but it will be around 11am, 2 hours after the wash. Then he said, 'well, will it be before 2?'

How many times do I have to explain this process???? I told him (several times) that we bring his sperm to the lab at 9am for washing. Around 2 hours later, I bring it to the dr and I get basted. Is that SO hard to comprehend???

Well, whatever, as long as I see a peak reading Tuesday morning and then get his sperm at 8:45 for the 9am appointment at the lab, then he can do whatever he wants.

Sure, it seems so cold and unnatural, but obviously, the loving and natural way of getting pregnant is not working for us. So lets focus on the fact I'm not on drugs yet, and it's as natural as an artificial insemination can be.

No comments: